Digvijay on AP visit; meets Congress office bearers
Hyderabad: AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh, who has recently been appointed as in-charge for Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh, had a meeting with the office bearers of the state party unit here on Monday.
On his maiden visit to Hyderabad after his appointment, Singh interacted with state Congress leaders at Gandhi Bhavan, APCC headquarters here.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and APCC president Botsa Satyanarayana were present on the occasion.
During the meeting, Singh spoke about organisational matters like gearing up the party machinery in the districts, APCC sources said.
Singh said the Telangana issue was being considered by the Central leadership for taking an early decision, the sources claimed.
Singh would interact with party leaders from Telangana and coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions during the day. He would also chair a meeting of the crucial Congress Coordination Committee later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- CID team visits Murshidabad hospital after two women killed in fire
- India must take Dawood's presence strictly with Pakistan: Samajwadi Party
- At least 10 killed, 32 injured in road accident in China's Guangxi Zhuang region
- Do you know low socioeconomic status can be a factor for heart attack? - Read
- PM Modi bats for eco-friendly Ganesh Utsav, Durga Puja