Digvijay on AP visit; meets Congress office bearers
Hyderabad: AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh, who has recently been appointed as in-charge for Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh, had a meeting with the office bearers of the state party unit here on Monday.
On his maiden visit to Hyderabad after his appointment, Singh interacted with state Congress leaders at Gandhi Bhavan, APCC headquarters here.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and APCC president Botsa Satyanarayana were present on the occasion.
During the meeting, Singh spoke about organisational matters like gearing up the party machinery in the districts, APCC sources said.
Singh said the Telangana issue was being considered by the Central leadership for taking an early decision, the sources claimed.
Singh would interact with party leaders from Telangana and coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions during the day. He would also chair a meeting of the crucial Congress Coordination Committee later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...