Discussions on Telangana on at `highest level`: Shinde
New Delhi: With Telangana protagonists stepping up their agitation, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today held discussions with Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan, who briefed him about the current situation in the state.
"Discussion is going on at the highest level," Shinde told reporters here when asked whether there was any forward movement on the demand for a separate Telangana.
"When there is a decision, we will tell you," he said. The Governor briefed the Minister on the situation in the wake of continuous protests by Telangana supporters.
"The Governor briefed me about Andhra Pradesh," he said. Yesterday, two MPs from Andhra Pradesh, who are supporters of united Andhra Pradesh, were sworn in as Union Ministers.
Twenty two legislators belonging to TRS and BJP, along with two independent MLAs associated with them, were yesterday suspended from the Andhra Pradesh Assembly for two days for constantly disrupting proceedings of the House on Telangana statehood issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre