Discussions on Telangana on at `highest level`: Shinde
New Delhi: With Telangana protagonists stepping up their agitation, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today held discussions with Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan, who briefed him about the current situation in the state.
"Discussion is going on at the highest level," Shinde told reporters here when asked whether there was any forward movement on the demand for a separate Telangana.
"When there is a decision, we will tell you," he said. The Governor briefed the Minister on the situation in the wake of continuous protests by Telangana supporters.
"The Governor briefed me about Andhra Pradesh," he said. Yesterday, two MPs from Andhra Pradesh, who are supporters of united Andhra Pradesh, were sworn in as Union Ministers.
Twenty two legislators belonging to TRS and BJP, along with two independent MLAs associated with them, were yesterday suspended from the Andhra Pradesh Assembly for two days for constantly disrupting proceedings of the House on Telangana statehood issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!