Discussions on Telangana on at `highest level`: Shinde
New Delhi: With Telangana protagonists stepping up their agitation, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today held discussions with Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan, who briefed him about the current situation in the state.
"Discussion is going on at the highest level," Shinde told reporters here when asked whether there was any forward movement on the demand for a separate Telangana.
"When there is a decision, we will tell you," he said. The Governor briefed the Minister on the situation in the wake of continuous protests by Telangana supporters.
"The Governor briefed me about Andhra Pradesh," he said. Yesterday, two MPs from Andhra Pradesh, who are supporters of united Andhra Pradesh, were sworn in as Union Ministers.
Twenty two legislators belonging to TRS and BJP, along with two independent MLAs associated with them, were yesterday suspended from the Andhra Pradesh Assembly for two days for constantly disrupting proceedings of the House on Telangana statehood issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown