Doctor arrested for molesting patient in AP
Visakhapatnam: A doctor was arrested here on Saturday for allegedly molesting a woman patient at his clinic at Araku valley in the district, police said.
According to Police, K Lakshmi(24) along with her brother had come to Araku valley yesterday for making some purchases but took ill and collapsed on the road.
She was admitted to Yoganandha clinic and while treating her, doctor M Sankara Rao (45) allegedly molested her, police said, adding the victim left the clinic and narrated the matter to his brother and later lodged a complaint at Araku valley police station.
Dr Sankara Rao has been charged under section 345 (assault or criminal force to women with intent to outrage her modesty) of the Indian Penal Code.
Police sources said Rao threatened the duo by claiming that he had good relations with left wing extremists and would punish them for lodging a false case against him.
Inspector of Police K Kumara Swami said Rao was a government doctor and had taken voluntary retirement around two years ago in the wake of some complaints against him and started Yoganandha clinic early last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city