Doctor arrested for molesting patient in AP
Visakhapatnam: A doctor was arrested here on Saturday for allegedly molesting a woman patient at his clinic at Araku valley in the district, police said.
According to Police, K Lakshmi(24) along with her brother had come to Araku valley yesterday for making some purchases but took ill and collapsed on the road.
She was admitted to Yoganandha clinic and while treating her, doctor M Sankara Rao (45) allegedly molested her, police said, adding the victim left the clinic and narrated the matter to his brother and later lodged a complaint at Araku valley police station.
Dr Sankara Rao has been charged under section 345 (assault or criminal force to women with intent to outrage her modesty) of the Indian Penal Code.
Police sources said Rao threatened the duo by claiming that he had good relations with left wing extremists and would punish them for lodging a false case against him.
Inspector of Police K Kumara Swami said Rao was a government doctor and had taken voluntary retirement around two years ago in the wake of some complaints against him and started Yoganandha clinic early last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report