Doctor gets 5-years jail for negligence
Medininagar: A doctor was today sentenced to five years imprisonment by a local court here for negligence that resulted in the death of woman.
District and Session Judge V K Sahay held doctor Vimlesh Kumar Singh guilty of negligence in the death of 32-year-old Kusum Devi of Nokhila village in November 2011.
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 20,000 on the doctor.
According to a FIR lodged on the statement of the victim?s father, Ramchandra Ram, Kusum Devi had gone to the doctor with a complain of stomach ache on November 22, 2011 but her health deteriorated after she was put on saline.
She was admitted to a nursing home where her family members repeatedly urged the doctor to attend the patient but he did not turn up and Kusum Devi died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list