Doctor gets 5-years jail for negligence
Medininagar: A doctor was today sentenced to five years imprisonment by a local court here for negligence that resulted in the death of woman.
District and Session Judge V K Sahay held doctor Vimlesh Kumar Singh guilty of negligence in the death of 32-year-old Kusum Devi of Nokhila village in November 2011.
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 20,000 on the doctor.
According to a FIR lodged on the statement of the victim?s father, Ramchandra Ram, Kusum Devi had gone to the doctor with a complain of stomach ache on November 22, 2011 but her health deteriorated after she was put on saline.
She was admitted to a nursing home where her family members repeatedly urged the doctor to attend the patient but he did not turn up and Kusum Devi died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional