Doctor gets 5-years jail for negligence
Medininagar: A doctor was today sentenced to five years imprisonment by a local court here for negligence that resulted in the death of woman.
District and Session Judge V K Sahay held doctor Vimlesh Kumar Singh guilty of negligence in the death of 32-year-old Kusum Devi of Nokhila village in November 2011.
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 20,000 on the doctor.
According to a FIR lodged on the statement of the victim?s father, Ramchandra Ram, Kusum Devi had gone to the doctor with a complain of stomach ache on November 22, 2011 but her health deteriorated after she was put on saline.
She was admitted to a nursing home where her family members repeatedly urged the doctor to attend the patient but he did not turn up and Kusum Devi died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users