Doctor gets 5-years jail for negligence
Medininagar: A doctor was today sentenced to five years imprisonment by a local court here for negligence that resulted in the death of woman.
District and Session Judge V K Sahay held doctor Vimlesh Kumar Singh guilty of negligence in the death of 32-year-old Kusum Devi of Nokhila village in November 2011.
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 20,000 on the doctor.
According to a FIR lodged on the statement of the victim?s father, Ramchandra Ram, Kusum Devi had gone to the doctor with a complain of stomach ache on November 22, 2011 but her health deteriorated after she was put on saline.
She was admitted to a nursing home where her family members repeatedly urged the doctor to attend the patient but he did not turn up and Kusum Devi died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail