Doctor gets 5-years jail for negligence
Medininagar: A doctor was today sentenced to five years imprisonment by a local court here for negligence that resulted in the death of woman.
District and Session Judge V K Sahay held doctor Vimlesh Kumar Singh guilty of negligence in the death of 32-year-old Kusum Devi of Nokhila village in November 2011.
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 20,000 on the doctor.
According to a FIR lodged on the statement of the victim?s father, Ramchandra Ram, Kusum Devi had gone to the doctor with a complain of stomach ache on November 22, 2011 but her health deteriorated after she was put on saline.
She was admitted to a nursing home where her family members repeatedly urged the doctor to attend the patient but he did not turn up and Kusum Devi died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof