Doctor shouts pro-Telangana slogan at event attended by Prez
Hyderabad: A senior doctor was taken into custody by the police here on Thursday after he allegedly shouted `Jai Telangana` (victory to Telangana) at a function attended by President Pranab Mukherjee.
He was identified as Dr Narender Reddy, a resident of Kachiguda area here.
Reddy, who was sitting among the delegates, said `Jai Telangana` in a rather feeble voice when Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy rose to speak at the inauguration of the Asia-Pacific Ophthalmology Congress this evening. The President was on the dais then.
"We took him into preventive custody under section 151 of Criminal Procedure Code and later let him off on personal bail," Madapur DCP Yoganand said.
Reddy had retired as an assistant professor at Sarojini Eye Hospital here, and had been working at a private medical college in Mahbubnagar for the past few years, police said. >>
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Sachin Saga: Tendulkar set to appear in world of digital gaming
- I share a good rapport with team members: Anil Kumble
- Sonia to flag off bus yatra to UP on July 23
- MS Dhoni to mentor talent with Craig McDermott's cricket academy in Australia
- Gujarat Dalit flogging incident: Four police officials suspended, says Rajnath Singh