Doctor shouts pro-Telangana slogan at event attended by Prez
Hyderabad: A senior doctor was taken into custody by the police here on Thursday after he allegedly shouted `Jai Telangana` (victory to Telangana) at a function attended by President Pranab Mukherjee.
He was identified as Dr Narender Reddy, a resident of Kachiguda area here.
Reddy, who was sitting among the delegates, said `Jai Telangana` in a rather feeble voice when Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy rose to speak at the inauguration of the Asia-Pacific Ophthalmology Congress this evening. The President was on the dais then.
"We took him into preventive custody under section 151 of Criminal Procedure Code and later let him off on personal bail," Madapur DCP Yoganand said.
Reddy had retired as an assistant professor at Sarojini Eye Hospital here, and had been working at a private medical college in Mahbubnagar for the past few years, police said. >>
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves