Doctor shouts pro-Telangana slogan at event attended by Prez
Hyderabad: A senior doctor was taken into custody by the police here on Thursday after he allegedly shouted `Jai Telangana` (victory to Telangana) at a function attended by President Pranab Mukherjee.
He was identified as Dr Narender Reddy, a resident of Kachiguda area here.
Reddy, who was sitting among the delegates, said `Jai Telangana` in a rather feeble voice when Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy rose to speak at the inauguration of the Asia-Pacific Ophthalmology Congress this evening. The President was on the dais then.
"We took him into preventive custody under section 151 of Criminal Procedure Code and later let him off on personal bail," Madapur DCP Yoganand said.
Reddy had retired as an assistant professor at Sarojini Eye Hospital here, and had been working at a private medical college in Mahbubnagar for the past few years, police said. >>
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video