Dowry harassment case registered against actress Rambha in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A case of dowry harassment was registered against actress Rambha and her brother by local police on Tuesday on the directions of a court.
The case was registered by the Banjara Hills police against the actress and her brother, P Srinivas Rao under relevant sections of Dowry Prohibition Act after P Pallavi, wife of Srinivas, had approached the court.
Pallavi alleged that Srinivas and other family members had been harassing her for bringing additional dowry and sought the court`s direction to police for booking of a case, a senior police officer said.
"It`s a court referred matter. Following the court directions, a dowry harassment case been registered. Rambha has been named as an accused in the case. We are examining witnesses. Further investigations are on," Deputy Commissioner of Police V Satyanarayana told PTI.
Pallavi got married to Srinivas in 1999 and the couple have two children.
The DCP said that Pallavi was staying with her parents following some disputes between the couple. "In February this year, she had lodged a complaint against her husband and subsequently moved the court three days ago," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown