Dowry harassment case registered against actress Rambha in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A case of dowry harassment was registered against actress Rambha and her brother by local police on Tuesday on the directions of a court.
The case was registered by the Banjara Hills police against the actress and her brother, P Srinivas Rao under relevant sections of Dowry Prohibition Act after P Pallavi, wife of Srinivas, had approached the court.
Pallavi alleged that Srinivas and other family members had been harassing her for bringing additional dowry and sought the court`s direction to police for booking of a case, a senior police officer said.
"It`s a court referred matter. Following the court directions, a dowry harassment case been registered. Rambha has been named as an accused in the case. We are examining witnesses. Further investigations are on," Deputy Commissioner of Police V Satyanarayana told PTI.
Pallavi got married to Srinivas in 1999 and the couple have two children.
The DCP said that Pallavi was staying with her parents following some disputes between the couple. "In February this year, she had lodged a complaint against her husband and subsequently moved the court three days ago," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role
- Uttarakhand forest fires show signs of abating
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in