Dowry harassment case registered against actress Rambha in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A case of dowry harassment was registered against actress Rambha and her brother by local police on Tuesday on the directions of a court.
The case was registered by the Banjara Hills police against the actress and her brother, P Srinivas Rao under relevant sections of Dowry Prohibition Act after P Pallavi, wife of Srinivas, had approached the court.
Pallavi alleged that Srinivas and other family members had been harassing her for bringing additional dowry and sought the court`s direction to police for booking of a case, a senior police officer said.
"It`s a court referred matter. Following the court directions, a dowry harassment case been registered. Rambha has been named as an accused in the case. We are examining witnesses. Further investigations are on," Deputy Commissioner of Police V Satyanarayana told PTI.
Pallavi got married to Srinivas in 1999 and the couple have two children.
The DCP said that Pallavi was staying with her parents following some disputes between the couple. "In February this year, she had lodged a complaint against her husband and subsequently moved the court three days ago," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'