DSP, 3 other policemen suspended for alleged extortion
Hyderabad: Four police officials including a Deputy Superintendent of Police were on Thursday suspended on the charge of extortion.
A person was allegedly detained at a police station of Central Crime Station (CCS) in Warangal in connection with a property-related case for several days, and the officials in question extorted 140 grams of gold, 500 grams of silver and Rs 30,000 from him.
Victim filed a complaint with senior police officers about three weeks ago. Inquiry established the involvement of G Jogaiah, DSP (crime) Warangal; inspector Madan Lal and constables P Veeraswamy and Shiv Kumar.
"The disciplinary action followed after the civilian gave a complaint to top police officers....Based on inquiry the four police officials were placed under suspension," Deputy Inspector General of Police Vikram Man Singh told a news agency.
Meanwhile, a release from the DGP`s office in Hyderabad said that DSP Jogaiah indulged in "rank insubordination, misused his official position for illegal gratification and gain, falsified the case and thereby brought disrepute to the department", and in view of the improper acts involving "moral turpitude", he was suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside