DSP, 3 other policemen suspended for alleged extortion
Hyderabad: Four police officials including a Deputy Superintendent of Police were on Thursday suspended on the charge of extortion.
A person was allegedly detained at a police station of Central Crime Station (CCS) in Warangal in connection with a property-related case for several days, and the officials in question extorted 140 grams of gold, 500 grams of silver and Rs 30,000 from him.
Victim filed a complaint with senior police officers about three weeks ago. Inquiry established the involvement of G Jogaiah, DSP (crime) Warangal; inspector Madan Lal and constables P Veeraswamy and Shiv Kumar.
"The disciplinary action followed after the civilian gave a complaint to top police officers....Based on inquiry the four police officials were placed under suspension," Deputy Inspector General of Police Vikram Man Singh told a news agency.
Meanwhile, a release from the DGP`s office in Hyderabad said that DSP Jogaiah indulged in "rank insubordination, misused his official position for illegal gratification and gain, falsified the case and thereby brought disrepute to the department", and in view of the improper acts involving "moral turpitude", he was suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang