DSP, 3 other policemen suspended for alleged extortion
Hyderabad: Four police officials including a Deputy Superintendent of Police were on Thursday suspended on the charge of extortion.
A person was allegedly detained at a police station of Central Crime Station (CCS) in Warangal in connection with a property-related case for several days, and the officials in question extorted 140 grams of gold, 500 grams of silver and Rs 30,000 from him.
Victim filed a complaint with senior police officers about three weeks ago. Inquiry established the involvement of G Jogaiah, DSP (crime) Warangal; inspector Madan Lal and constables P Veeraswamy and Shiv Kumar.
"The disciplinary action followed after the civilian gave a complaint to top police officers....Based on inquiry the four police officials were placed under suspension," Deputy Inspector General of Police Vikram Man Singh told a news agency.
Meanwhile, a release from the DGP`s office in Hyderabad said that DSP Jogaiah indulged in "rank insubordination, misused his official position for illegal gratification and gain, falsified the case and thereby brought disrepute to the department", and in view of the improper acts involving "moral turpitude", he was suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH