DSP, 3 other policemen suspended for alleged extortion
Hyderabad: Four police officials including a Deputy Superintendent of Police were on Thursday suspended on the charge of extortion.
A person was allegedly detained at a police station of Central Crime Station (CCS) in Warangal in connection with a property-related case for several days, and the officials in question extorted 140 grams of gold, 500 grams of silver and Rs 30,000 from him.
Victim filed a complaint with senior police officers about three weeks ago. Inquiry established the involvement of G Jogaiah, DSP (crime) Warangal; inspector Madan Lal and constables P Veeraswamy and Shiv Kumar.
"The disciplinary action followed after the civilian gave a complaint to top police officers....Based on inquiry the four police officials were placed under suspension," Deputy Inspector General of Police Vikram Man Singh told a news agency.
Meanwhile, a release from the DGP`s office in Hyderabad said that DSP Jogaiah indulged in "rank insubordination, misused his official position for illegal gratification and gain, falsified the case and thereby brought disrepute to the department", and in view of the improper acts involving "moral turpitude", he was suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling