Duo held with explosives in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Police on Sunday seized a huge cache of explosives, including 1,300 gelatin sticks and 2,825 electric detonators, from posh Banjara Hills area and arrested two persons in this connection.
Acting on a tip-off, sleuths of Commissioner`s Task Force (North Zone) apprehended Maddi Madhusudhan Reddy and Gandikota Ramesh when they were trying to deliver the explosives illegally, they said.
Police seized a car in which the cache was being transported, besides Rs 7,000 in cash and some documents.
Police said Reddy`s firm Mahalaxmi Enterprises used to supply explosives to construction and quarrying sites. The firm has legal license issued by the office of Chief Controller of Explosives, Nagpur, they said.
Reddy, however, soon took to illegal selling of the explosives to quarrying sites. "He used to sell the material mainly to quarry operators," a senior police officer said.
As per the license terms, the blasting material can not be sold in open market.
According to police, another accused Ramesh, a stone cutter, used to earn commission as a middleman by liaising with Reddy and quarry operators who used to purchase explosives.
Police are now trying to establish identity of those who bought explosives from Reddy as there is a possibility that the blasting material might have fallen into the hands of anti-social elements.
Police said they will write to the Chief Controller of Explosives to cancel Reddy`s license for violation of norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'