East Godavari authorities gear up for cyclone
Rajahmundry: East Godavari district authorities tonight asked the officials of revenue, irrigation, agriculture and other departments to take all the precautionary measures in view of the cyclone threat.
District collector Neetu Kumari Prasad said the cyclone will cross Kaligapatnam-Paradeep on October 12, as per the Met department.
Fishermen have been asked not to venture into the sea. Helpline number 0884-1077 has been set up for the district.
Ravi Chandra has been appointed as special officer to East Godavari district, who would monitor the situation and direct the district administration in taking the preventive measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy