East Godavari authorities gear up for cyclone
Rajahmundry: East Godavari district authorities tonight asked the officials of revenue, irrigation, agriculture and other departments to take all the precautionary measures in view of the cyclone threat.
District collector Neetu Kumari Prasad said the cyclone will cross Kaligapatnam-Paradeep on October 12, as per the Met department.
Fishermen have been asked not to venture into the sea. Helpline number 0884-1077 has been set up for the district.
Ravi Chandra has been appointed as special officer to East Godavari district, who would monitor the situation and direct the district administration in taking the preventive measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda