East Godavari authorities gear up for cyclone
Rajahmundry: East Godavari district authorities tonight asked the officials of revenue, irrigation, agriculture and other departments to take all the precautionary measures in view of the cyclone threat.
District collector Neetu Kumari Prasad said the cyclone will cross Kaligapatnam-Paradeep on October 12, as per the Met department.
Fishermen have been asked not to venture into the sea. Helpline number 0884-1077 has been set up for the district.
Ravi Chandra has been appointed as special officer to East Godavari district, who would monitor the situation and direct the district administration in taking the preventive measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing