East Godavari authorities gear up for cyclone
Rajahmundry: East Godavari district authorities tonight asked the officials of revenue, irrigation, agriculture and other departments to take all the precautionary measures in view of the cyclone threat.
District collector Neetu Kumari Prasad said the cyclone will cross Kaligapatnam-Paradeep on October 12, as per the Met department.
Fishermen have been asked not to venture into the sea. Helpline number 0884-1077 has been set up for the district.
Ravi Chandra has been appointed as special officer to East Godavari district, who would monitor the situation and direct the district administration in taking the preventive measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators
- German president 'horrified' by 'murderous attack' in Munich
- Munich newspaper says has unconfirmed report one shooter dead
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman