East Godavari authorities gear up for cyclone
Rajahmundry: East Godavari district authorities tonight asked the officials of revenue, irrigation, agriculture and other departments to take all the precautionary measures in view of the cyclone threat.
District collector Neetu Kumari Prasad said the cyclone will cross Kaligapatnam-Paradeep on October 12, as per the Met department.
Fishermen have been asked not to venture into the sea. Helpline number 0884-1077 has been set up for the district.
Ravi Chandra has been appointed as special officer to East Godavari district, who would monitor the situation and direct the district administration in taking the preventive measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read