East Godavari district observes bandh against AP bifurcation
Rajahmundry: A total bandh was observed on Tuesday in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Anganwadi workers and teachers organised rallies and human chain in the city, as petrol pumps, educational institutions and commercial establishments remained closed.
All main roads wore a deserted look as private bus services were hit.
Protests were held at the District Collectorate and Zilla Parishad office.
District Administration Association Joint Action Committee Secretary V Mahipal, who led the protests said, the central government must note that the agitation has been going on for the past 55 days in 13 Seemandhra districts against the division of Andhra Pradesh.
"The agitation will continue until a statement is made by the Centre in favour of a united Andhra Pradesh. We are also chalking out our future course of action to further intensify our agitation," Mahipal said.
Seemandhra Lawyers JAC co-convener Muppalla Subba Rao said that a Seemandhra lawyers` conference will be held on September 28 at Gachibowli stadium in Hyderabad with the objective of keeping the state "united".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!