East Godavari MLAs to participate in Jagan`s yatra
Hyderabad: Despite Congress high command`s
reservations on the yatra of Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy,
two MLAs from East Godavari district today said they will
participate in the yatra.
Jagan would start his `Odarpu yatra` in East Godavari
district tomorrow after a four-day successful tour in
D Chandrasekhar Reddy, Congress MLA from Kakinada and a
close confidante of Jagan, said legislators in East Godavari
district have conveyed their readiness to participate in the
"All MLAs in the district are ready to take part. The
yatra will start from Tuni. It will be successful," he said.
He alleged that "two elders" were pressurising the MLAs
not to participate in Jagan`s yatra. However, he refused to
Stating that he would participate in Jagan`s yatra, R
Varaprasad, Congress MLA from Razole, said he is not afraid of
any disciplinary action.
"I am MLA today because of Rajasekhara Reddy. I feel it
is time to repay the debt I owed to him. I will accept happily
if any action is taken against me. But, I don`t think I am
doing anything wrong," he said.
Interestingly, Macherla MLA P Ramakrishna Reddy and
Koduru MLA K Srinivasulu reportedly visited Jagan during the
Rayachoti MLA G Srikanth Reddy and Dharmavaram MLA
Venkata Ramana Reddy were following the MP, overseeing the
However, the MLAs took care to ensure that they were not
caught on camera along with Jagan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation