East Godavari MLAs to participate in Jagan`s yatra
Hyderabad: Despite Congress high command`s
reservations on the yatra of Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy,
two MLAs from East Godavari district today said they will
participate in the yatra.
Jagan would start his `Odarpu yatra` in East Godavari
district tomorrow after a four-day successful tour in
D Chandrasekhar Reddy, Congress MLA from Kakinada and a
close confidante of Jagan, said legislators in East Godavari
district have conveyed their readiness to participate in the
"All MLAs in the district are ready to take part. The
yatra will start from Tuni. It will be successful," he said.
He alleged that "two elders" were pressurising the MLAs
not to participate in Jagan`s yatra. However, he refused to
Stating that he would participate in Jagan`s yatra, R
Varaprasad, Congress MLA from Razole, said he is not afraid of
any disciplinary action.
"I am MLA today because of Rajasekhara Reddy. I feel it
is time to repay the debt I owed to him. I will accept happily
if any action is taken against me. But, I don`t think I am
doing anything wrong," he said.
Interestingly, Macherla MLA P Ramakrishna Reddy and
Koduru MLA K Srinivasulu reportedly visited Jagan during the
Rayachoti MLA G Srikanth Reddy and Dharmavaram MLA
Venkata Ramana Reddy were following the MP, overseeing the
However, the MLAs took care to ensure that they were not
caught on camera along with Jagan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites