East Godavari MLAs to participate in Jagan`s yatra
Hyderabad: Despite Congress high command`s
reservations on the yatra of Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy,
two MLAs from East Godavari district today said they will
participate in the yatra.
Jagan would start his `Odarpu yatra` in East Godavari
district tomorrow after a four-day successful tour in
D Chandrasekhar Reddy, Congress MLA from Kakinada and a
close confidante of Jagan, said legislators in East Godavari
district have conveyed their readiness to participate in the
"All MLAs in the district are ready to take part. The
yatra will start from Tuni. It will be successful," he said.
He alleged that "two elders" were pressurising the MLAs
not to participate in Jagan`s yatra. However, he refused to
Stating that he would participate in Jagan`s yatra, R
Varaprasad, Congress MLA from Razole, said he is not afraid of
any disciplinary action.
"I am MLA today because of Rajasekhara Reddy. I feel it
is time to repay the debt I owed to him. I will accept happily
if any action is taken against me. But, I don`t think I am
doing anything wrong," he said.
Interestingly, Macherla MLA P Ramakrishna Reddy and
Koduru MLA K Srinivasulu reportedly visited Jagan during the
Rayachoti MLA G Srikanth Reddy and Dharmavaram MLA
Venkata Ramana Reddy were following the MP, overseeing the
However, the MLAs took care to ensure that they were not
caught on camera along with Jagan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?