EC allows Naidu to stay in Guntur dist during MLC
Hyderabad: The Election Commission has permitted TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu to stay in Guntur district, where the MLC election is scheduled to take place on February 21, officials said.
As the Model Code of Conduct is in force in the district for the election, Naidu was not supposed to stay put in the district, where he is currently conducting his ongoing state wide `padayatra`.
However, the TDP had requested the the EC to allow him to continue with the foot march as it is an ongoing programme.
Accordingly, the EC granted permission to him to stay in the district and accepted his proposal not to camp in any habitation, official sources said. He could, however, can stay in a tent.
The biennial election to fill up six seats in the Legislative Council will be held on February 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore