EC allows Naidu to stay in Guntur dist during MLC
Hyderabad: The Election Commission has permitted TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu to stay in Guntur district, where the MLC election is scheduled to take place on February 21, officials said.
As the Model Code of Conduct is in force in the district for the election, Naidu was not supposed to stay put in the district, where he is currently conducting his ongoing state wide `padayatra`.
However, the TDP had requested the the EC to allow him to continue with the foot march as it is an ongoing programme.
Accordingly, the EC granted permission to him to stay in the district and accepted his proposal not to camp in any habitation, official sources said. He could, however, can stay in a tent.
The biennial election to fill up six seats in the Legislative Council will be held on February 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days