EC allows Naidu to stay in Guntur dist during MLC
Hyderabad: The Election Commission has permitted TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu to stay in Guntur district, where the MLC election is scheduled to take place on February 21, officials said.
As the Model Code of Conduct is in force in the district for the election, Naidu was not supposed to stay put in the district, where he is currently conducting his ongoing state wide `padayatra`.
However, the TDP had requested the the EC to allow him to continue with the foot march as it is an ongoing programme.
Accordingly, the EC granted permission to him to stay in the district and accepted his proposal not to camp in any habitation, official sources said. He could, however, can stay in a tent.
The biennial election to fill up six seats in the Legislative Council will be held on February 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured