EC allows Naidu to stay in Guntur dist during MLC
Hyderabad: The Election Commission has permitted TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu to stay in Guntur district, where the MLC election is scheduled to take place on February 21, officials said.
As the Model Code of Conduct is in force in the district for the election, Naidu was not supposed to stay put in the district, where he is currently conducting his ongoing state wide `padayatra`.
However, the TDP had requested the the EC to allow him to continue with the foot march as it is an ongoing programme.
Accordingly, the EC granted permission to him to stay in the district and accepted his proposal not to camp in any habitation, official sources said. He could, however, can stay in a tent.
The biennial election to fill up six seats in the Legislative Council will be held on February 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country