EC allows Naidu to stay in Guntur dist during MLC
Hyderabad: The Election Commission has permitted TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu to stay in Guntur district, where the MLC election is scheduled to take place on February 21, officials said.
As the Model Code of Conduct is in force in the district for the election, Naidu was not supposed to stay put in the district, where he is currently conducting his ongoing state wide `padayatra`.
However, the TDP had requested the the EC to allow him to continue with the foot march as it is an ongoing programme.
Accordingly, the EC granted permission to him to stay in the district and accepted his proposal not to camp in any habitation, official sources said. He could, however, can stay in a tent.
The biennial election to fill up six seats in the Legislative Council will be held on February 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi