EC releases voters` data for Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: The latest data on voters in Andhra Pradesh pegs their number in the state at over 6.24 crore, according to figures released on Friday by the Chief Electoral Officer here.
The final electoral roll under summary revision will be published on January 31.
Among the milestones achieved in the state, 33,64,554 dead, shifted or duplicate entries were weeded out from electoral rolls, said Chief Electoral Officer Bhanwar Lal.
He said that 4,800 photo identity cards were issued through e-Seva, Mee-Seva and the AP online citizens` service centres in the state.
A record number (about 70 per cent) of voter applications had been received online or through e-registration.
MoUs had been signed with 35 universities, women`s groups and others to inspire and involve youth, women and urban voters.
Voters` lists have now been made available on the chief electoral officer`s website and a search facility has been made available for the same.
An SMS facility has also been introduced for accessing electoral details which uses the Elector`s Photo Identity Card (EPIC) number.
"Voters who shift residences can check their names on the voters` list at polling stations tomorrow or at the office of the Revenue Divisional Officer (RDO), tehsildar and apply for a change of addresses, deletion or addition," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?