EC releases voters` data for Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: The latest data on voters in Andhra Pradesh pegs their number in the state at over 6.24 crore, according to figures released on Friday by the Chief Electoral Officer here.
The final electoral roll under summary revision will be published on January 31.
Among the milestones achieved in the state, 33,64,554 dead, shifted or duplicate entries were weeded out from electoral rolls, said Chief Electoral Officer Bhanwar Lal.
He said that 4,800 photo identity cards were issued through e-Seva, Mee-Seva and the AP online citizens` service centres in the state.
A record number (about 70 per cent) of voter applications had been received online or through e-registration.
MoUs had been signed with 35 universities, women`s groups and others to inspire and involve youth, women and urban voters.
Voters` lists have now been made available on the chief electoral officer`s website and a search facility has been made available for the same.
An SMS facility has also been introduced for accessing electoral details which uses the Elector`s Photo Identity Card (EPIC) number.
"Voters who shift residences can check their names on the voters` list at polling stations tomorrow or at the office of the Revenue Divisional Officer (RDO), tehsildar and apply for a change of addresses, deletion or addition," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees