EC releases voters` data for Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: The latest data on voters in Andhra Pradesh pegs their number in the state at over 6.24 crore, according to figures released on Friday by the Chief Electoral Officer here.
The final electoral roll under summary revision will be published on January 31.
Among the milestones achieved in the state, 33,64,554 dead, shifted or duplicate entries were weeded out from electoral rolls, said Chief Electoral Officer Bhanwar Lal.
He said that 4,800 photo identity cards were issued through e-Seva, Mee-Seva and the AP online citizens` service centres in the state.
A record number (about 70 per cent) of voter applications had been received online or through e-registration.
MoUs had been signed with 35 universities, women`s groups and others to inspire and involve youth, women and urban voters.
Voters` lists have now been made available on the chief electoral officer`s website and a search facility has been made available for the same.
An SMS facility has also been introduced for accessing electoral details which uses the Elector`s Photo Identity Card (EPIC) number.
"Voters who shift residences can check their names on the voters` list at polling stations tomorrow or at the office of the Revenue Divisional Officer (RDO), tehsildar and apply for a change of addresses, deletion or addition," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day