`ED attachment orders show Congress-TDP nexus`
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party`s YS Vijayamma on Thursday night alleged that the Congress-TDP nexus has come to the fore with the Enforcement Directorate issuing orders attaching the assets of Sakshi media house.
The move came on the eve of YSR Congress Party chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy`s bail petition coming up for hearing in the Supreme Court, she said.
"The ED order says that the two companies have benefited to a tune of Rs 22 crore and have invested Rs 29 crore in the YS Jagan Mohan Reddy`s company. How someone can invest more than what they have benefited is beyond reasonable comprehension?" Vijayamma, along with her daughter Sharmila, asked.
The amount invested by the two companies in Sakshi is in the form of shares like many others who have invested and there could be nothing illegal about it, she said.
"The nexus between the two parties (Congress and TDP) has come into the open and it has shown the shallowness of their political agenda and the level to which they can stoop to thwart the growth of YS Jagan Mohan Reddy and YSRCP. But we are confident that such mind games will not influence the judiciary and YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will come out unscathed and lead the party," she said.
The ED on Thursday issued attachment orders on properties worth Rs 51 crore in its money laundering probe against Jagan Mohan Reddy and his associates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog