ED authority summons Jagan, others in money laundering case
New Delhi: The adjudicating authority of the anti-money laundering Act here has summoned YSR Congress chief Jagan Mohan Reddy and others in connection with an ED attachment order worth Rs 51 crore.
The Enforcement Directorate, last month, had issued attachment orders against Reddy and his associates in connection with its money laundering probe and the authority will now confirm or reject the same after hearing both the sides.
ED`s special director officiates as the adjudicating authority under the provisions of the Prevention of Money laundering Act (PMLA) and, according to sources, Jagan or his authorised representative can represent his side during the submission in this case scheduled for next month.
A similar exercise will be carried out by the authority regarding a Rs 71 crore attachment order against Dubai-based Emaar Properties and its joint venture Emaar MGF, early next month.
The agency, which has already questioned Jagan extensively in the past few months, had attached more than 13 acres of land of Janani Infrastructure Private Limited and fixed deposits worth Rs 14.50 crore of Jagati Publication Limited as "kickbacks allegedly received in lieu of granting favours" to private entities.
Both the companies are owned by Jagan.
The MP is at present lodged in the Chenchalguda central prison in Hyderabad under the judicial custody of CBI which is probing him and others in an alleged corruption and cheating case during the term of his father and the then Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
The ED attachment ensures that these properties cannot be used by the accused and he is devoid of any benefits from these assets, and such an order can be challenged by the accused at the adjudicating authority of the PMLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India