ED gets copy of fourth chargesheet against Jagan
Hyderabad: After obtaining copies of three charge sheets and other documents in the disproportionate assets case against YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) has now got copy of the fourth chargesheet and is studying it, officials said today.
The agency had approached the special CBI court here recently, seeking certified copies of the fourth chargesheet and statements of witnesses. The court allowed it.
CBI, which is probing the corruption allegations against Jagan, filed its fourth chargesheet on August 13 against 14 people, naming Andhra Pradesh Roads and Buildings Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao and senior IAS officers Manmohan Singh and M Samuel, besides the Kadapa MP.
"We had got copies of three chargesheets and related documents....Now the court permitted issuance of certified copies of the fourth chargesheet, which was being studied," an ED official said.
The fourth chargesheet pertains to VANPIC project, whose promoter and industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad allegedly invested Rs 854 crore in the companies belonging to Jagan, and, in return, the late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy`s government doled out many favours.
On October 4, ED issued attachment orders for properties worth Rs 51 crore in its money laundering probe against Jagan and his associates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city