ED likely to question Jagan Reddy this week
New Delhi/Hyderabad: Congress rebel YS Jaganmohan Reddy, who was arrested by the CBI on Sunday after days of questioning in a DA case, is likely to be quizzed this week by the Enforcement Directorate in connection with the probe against him and others in an alleged money laundering and foreign exchange violations case.
The ED, which has registered separate cases under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) against the Kadapa MP, his associates and some civil servants, is expected to question Reddy in the Andhra Pradesh capital after notices were issued to him recently for questioning.
Sources said, ED will move court to question the YSR Congress chief.
Reddy, who has been questioned over the last three days by the CBI, will have to face questions regarding his financial dealings in various business arms run by him and other investments he and his firms allegedly made overseas.
A joint team of ED officials from Delhi and Hyderabad may question Reddy, sources said.
During the questioning, the ED is likely to record his statement under PMLA laws and also confront him with documents gathered by the agency during their probe till now, they said.
ED has already accessed copies and related documents of the first charge sheet filed by CBI in connection with the alleged disproportionate assets case?it registered against Reddy after it moved the court in this regard.
The CBI had filed its first charge sheet against Jagan and 12 others accusing him of getting investments worth several crores from various business firms into his businesses as part of quid-pro-quo when his father (late YS Rajasekhara Reddy) was the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
The CBI has filed three charge sheets in the case till now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah