ED likely to question Jagan Reddy this week
New Delhi/Hyderabad: Congress rebel YS Jaganmohan Reddy, who was arrested by the CBI on Sunday after days of questioning in a DA case, is likely to be quizzed this week by the Enforcement Directorate in connection with the probe against him and others in an alleged money laundering and foreign exchange violations case.
The ED, which has registered separate cases under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) against the Kadapa MP, his associates and some civil servants, is expected to question Reddy in the Andhra Pradesh capital after notices were issued to him recently for questioning.
Sources said, ED will move court to question the YSR Congress chief.
Reddy, who has been questioned over the last three days by the CBI, will have to face questions regarding his financial dealings in various business arms run by him and other investments he and his firms allegedly made overseas.
A joint team of ED officials from Delhi and Hyderabad may question Reddy, sources said.
During the questioning, the ED is likely to record his statement under PMLA laws and also confront him with documents gathered by the agency during their probe till now, they said.
ED has already accessed copies and related documents of the first charge sheet filed by CBI in connection with the alleged disproportionate assets case?it registered against Reddy after it moved the court in this regard.
The CBI had filed its first charge sheet against Jagan and 12 others accusing him of getting investments worth several crores from various business firms into his businesses as part of quid-pro-quo when his father (late YS Rajasekhara Reddy) was the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
The CBI has filed three charge sheets in the case till now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!