ED notice to Jagan Reddy in assets case
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Thursday issued summons to YSR Congress chief and Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy in connection with the disproportionate assets amassed by him.
As per reports, the summons have been issued in connection with the foreign exchange violation and money laundering allegations against the Kadapa MP.
Jagan Reddy is under the CBI scanner for allegedly conspiring with his father late YS Rajasekhara Reddy and other individuals and companies for "cheating the government of Andhra Pradesh in the matter of granting certain favours".
Following a direction from the Andhra Pradesh High Court, the CBI is currently probing into his alleged illegal wealth. In its FIR, the CBI had stated that he "exercised his influence on his (late) father, then chief minister, and also "unknown public servants" of the state government, who in turn abused their official positions by corrupt or illegal means and issued orders favourable to many companies.
The charges relate to criminal conspiracy, cheating, criminal breach of trust, falsification of accounts and criminal misconduct, according to the FIR.
The agency filed the case against Jagan and others based on a directive of the Andhra Pradesh High Court that disposed of a petition filed by current Textile Minister P Shanker Rao, into which TDP leaders K Yerran Naidu and Yanamala Ramakrishnudu were implicated.
CBI had also conducted searches at the residences and offices of Jagan apart from the houses and businesses of those who invested in his companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her