ED questions Jagan Reddy`s aide
New Delhi: Enforcement Directorate on Monday questioned financial adviser of jailed YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy with regard to a money laundering case it is probing against the politician.
Jagan`s financial adviser and Chartered Accountant V Vijay Sai Reddy was questioned here by ED sleuths about the financial approvals he made on behalf of the Kadapa MP and the business dealings he did during the regime of Jagan`s father -- former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
Vijay Sai Reddy is an important person in the case, the investigators said, and his statements are crucial.
He was questioned for over 90 minutes after the agency had obtained certain leads while questioning Jagan in a Hyderabad jail earlier, sources said.
Reddy has allegedly been instrumental in conducting various deals and financial investments on Jagan`s behalf and the probe agency wants to obtain more information from him in this regard, they said.
He has been questioned by ED earlier in connection with Prevention of Money Laundering (PMLA) case registered against Jagan and his associates.
The ED has recently attached Jagan`s assets, and of others related to the case, worth Rs 51 crore under the provisions of PMLA.
Jagan, at present, is in judicial custody till November 8 in a Hyderabad jail after he was arrested in May in a disproportionate assets case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed