ED questions three accused in case against Jagan
Hyderabad: Enforcement Directorate (ED) officials recorded statements of three accused, including suspended IAS officer B P Acharya, in the disproportionate assets case against YSR Congress president Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy for the second day here on Monday.
Besides Acharya, ED officials questioned industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and senior bureaucrat K V Brahmananda Reddy at Chanchalguda prison and recorded their statements under Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
ED had originally served summons on nine accused in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) case, the Emaar scam as well as the assets case against Jagan. All nine are presently under judicial remand in the Chanchalguda jail.
The central agency has recorded the statements of six accused since yesterday and is expected to record statements of three other accused in the Emaar case tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'