ED records Jagan`s statements
Hyderabad: Enforcement Directorate today recorded the statement of jailed YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy in Chanchalguda prison, where he is lodged currently.
A joint team of ED investigators from Delhi and Hyderabad recorded Jagan`s statement in connection with the case registered against him under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), sources said.
A CBI special court had recently granted permission to the agency to question the Kadapa MP, who was arrested on May 27 in a disproportionate assets case, with regard to alleged suspect foreign fund flow into his firms.
The court allowed the ED to question Jagan in the presence of his lawyers from 10 am to 5 pm.
The ED has been allowed to grill him till July 21.
Sources said the agency, which questioned the MP on the basis of the CBI FIR, is expected to continue grilling tomorrow also.
CBI`s FIR, which has been the basis for ED`s investigation, alleged that Jagati Publications, which publishes Telugu daily `Sakshi`, received investments from firms based abroad in return for favours doled out to them by Rajasekhara Reddy`s Government.
The ED had earlier questioned some of the accused, including industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, former Infrastructure Special Secretary K V Brahmananda Reddy and suspended IAS officer B P Acharya in Chanchalguda prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them