ED records Jagan`s statements
Hyderabad: Enforcement Directorate today recorded the statement of jailed YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy in Chanchalguda prison, where he is lodged currently.
A joint team of ED investigators from Delhi and Hyderabad recorded Jagan`s statement in connection with the case registered against him under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), sources said.
A CBI special court had recently granted permission to the agency to question the Kadapa MP, who was arrested on May 27 in a disproportionate assets case, with regard to alleged suspect foreign fund flow into his firms.
The court allowed the ED to question Jagan in the presence of his lawyers from 10 am to 5 pm.
The ED has been allowed to grill him till July 21.
Sources said the agency, which questioned the MP on the basis of the CBI FIR, is expected to continue grilling tomorrow also.
CBI`s FIR, which has been the basis for ED`s investigation, alleged that Jagati Publications, which publishes Telugu daily `Sakshi`, received investments from firms based abroad in return for favours doled out to them by Rajasekhara Reddy`s Government.
The ED had earlier questioned some of the accused, including industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, former Infrastructure Special Secretary K V Brahmananda Reddy and suspended IAS officer B P Acharya in Chanchalguda prison.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory