ED records statements of 3 accused in OMC case
Hyderabad: Enforcement Directorate (ED) officials on Sunday recorded the statements of three accused, including suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi, in connection with Obulapuram Mining Company(OMC) case under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
Armed with permission from a CBI court, a four-member ED team went to Chanchalguda jail here and questioned them before recording their statements under the PMLA, jail sources said.
The ED personnel recorded the statements of Srilakshmi, OMC`s Managing Director B V Srinivas Reddy and former mining director of Andhra Pradesh government V D Rajagopal on the basis of chargesheets filed by the CBI.
The ED had served summons on nine accused allegedly involved in OMC`s case as also that of Emaar scam and assets case against YSR Congress president Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy to record their statements under PMLA.
The ED officials are likely to record statements of the accused in Jagan`s asset case tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre