ED records statements of 3 accused in OMC case
Hyderabad: Enforcement Directorate (ED) officials on Sunday recorded the statements of three accused, including suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi, in connection with Obulapuram Mining Company(OMC) case under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
Armed with permission from a CBI court, a four-member ED team went to Chanchalguda jail here and questioned them before recording their statements under the PMLA, jail sources said.
The ED personnel recorded the statements of Srilakshmi, OMC`s Managing Director B V Srinivas Reddy and former mining director of Andhra Pradesh government V D Rajagopal on the basis of chargesheets filed by the CBI.
The ED had served summons on nine accused allegedly involved in OMC`s case as also that of Emaar scam and assets case against YSR Congress president Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy to record their statements under PMLA.
The ED officials are likely to record statements of the accused in Jagan`s asset case tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love