ED records statements of 3 accused in OMC case
Hyderabad: Enforcement Directorate (ED) officials on Sunday recorded the statements of three accused, including suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi, in connection with Obulapuram Mining Company(OMC) case under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
Armed with permission from a CBI court, a four-member ED team went to Chanchalguda jail here and questioned them before recording their statements under the PMLA, jail sources said.
The ED personnel recorded the statements of Srilakshmi, OMC`s Managing Director B V Srinivas Reddy and former mining director of Andhra Pradesh government V D Rajagopal on the basis of chargesheets filed by the CBI.
The ED had served summons on nine accused allegedly involved in OMC`s case as also that of Emaar scam and assets case against YSR Congress president Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy to record their statements under PMLA.
The ED officials are likely to record statements of the accused in Jagan`s asset case tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today