ED seeks court nod to record statement of Jagan
Hyderabad: In a fresh trouble for jailed Kadapa Member of Parliament YS Jaganmohan Reddy, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday moved a Special CBI Court here seeking permission to recored his statement in a case of money laundering filed against him.
The Central agency has registered separate cases under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) against the YSR Congress chief, who has been arrested in a disproportionate assets case. Jagan is in judicial custody till June 25.
In its application to the court, ED said Jagan (lodged in jail here) is not accessible to its officers for recording his statement in the matter related to PMLA.
ED, which has got access to the three CBI chargesheets filed against Jagan and others in the DA case, submitted in the court that on the basis of preliminary inquiry and examination of the relevant documents, it appears the accused (Jagan) contravened provisions of PMLA.
The agency wants to record the statement of the 39- year-old Lok Sabha MP with regard to financial dealings in various companies run by him and other investments he and his firms allegedly made overseas.
In the assets case, Jagan, arrested late last month, has been accused of getting investments worth several crores from various corporate entities into his businesses as part of quid-pro-quo when his father (late YS Rajasekhara Reddy) was the Chief Minister (2004-2009) of Andhra Pradesh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know