ED seeks court nod to record statement of Jagan
Hyderabad: In a fresh trouble for jailed Kadapa Member of Parliament YS Jaganmohan Reddy, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday moved a Special CBI Court here seeking permission to recored his statement in a case of money laundering filed against him.
The Central agency has registered separate cases under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) against the YSR Congress chief, who has been arrested in a disproportionate assets case. Jagan is in judicial custody till June 25.
In its application to the court, ED said Jagan (lodged in jail here) is not accessible to its officers for recording his statement in the matter related to PMLA.
ED, which has got access to the three CBI chargesheets filed against Jagan and others in the DA case, submitted in the court that on the basis of preliminary inquiry and examination of the relevant documents, it appears the accused (Jagan) contravened provisions of PMLA.
The agency wants to record the statement of the 39- year-old Lok Sabha MP with regard to financial dealings in various companies run by him and other investments he and his firms allegedly made overseas.
In the assets case, Jagan, arrested late last month, has been accused of getting investments worth several crores from various corporate entities into his businesses as part of quid-pro-quo when his father (late YS Rajasekhara Reddy) was the Chief Minister (2004-2009) of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations