ED to take over Rs 122 crore worth properties in J
New Delhi: Enforcement Directorate will take possession of properties worth Rs 122 crore after a competent authority today approved ED`s attachments in connection with its money laundering probe against YSR Congress chief Jagan Mohan Reddy and his associates.
The Adjudicating Authority of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) today approved two separate attachment orders valued at Rs 51 crore and Rs 71 crore of the agency paving way for their immediate seizure by the ED.
The step will ensure that the parties involved in these two cases will not be able to derive benefits of these properties by way of selling, leasing, renting or using these assets.
The ED had last year issued attachment orders on plots worth Rs 71 crore owned by Dubai-based Emaar Properties, its joint venture Emaar MGF and others in connection with its probe into alleged irregularities in land transfer and sale of villas and apartments at Hyderabad.
The agency had also issued attachment orders on properties worth Rs 51 crore as it attached more than 13 acres of land of M/s Janani Infrastructure Private Limited and fixed deposits worth Rs 14.50 crore of M/s Jagati Publication Limited as "kickbacks allegedly received in lieu of granting favours" to private entities.
The attachment order, issued under stringent provisions of PMLA, was also against private companies which were "illegally benefited as a result of criminal activity" and illegal sanctions granted during the tenure of Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
The other properties attached by the agency are 35 acres of land and fixed deposit of Rs 3 crore of M/s Hetero Drugs Limited, 96 acres of land of M/s APL Research Centre Limited, a 100 per cent subsidiary of Ms Aurobindo Pharma Limited, and fixed deposit of Rs 3 crore of Aurobindo Pharma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India