‘Effective Lokpal, poll reforms must to end graft’
Hyderabad: CPI on Thursday said an effective
Lokpal Bill, electoral reforms and breaking the links between
corporate houses, bureaucrats and ruling politicians are
necessary measures to end corruption.
"We feel all right thinking people should come
together and fight against corruption and pass a very
effective Lokpal Bill, which embraces all inclding, Prime
Minister and others.
"That itself is not enough. Electoral reforms and
breaking the connection of corporate houses with bureaucrats
and ruling party politicians are necessary to effectively end
corruption," CPI`s former General Secretary A B Bardhan said.
He was speaking at a meeting organised on the occasion
of death anniversary of late communist leader Chandra
Bardhan said Communist leaders like Rajeswar Rao and
P Sundarayya brought an identity to the Telangana region
through an armed struggle against Nizam.
Speaking on the occasion, CPI General Secretary S
Sudhakar Reddy recalled the contribution of Rajeswar Rao to
the Communist movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried