‘Effective Lokpal, poll reforms must to end graft’
Hyderabad: CPI on Thursday said an effective
Lokpal Bill, electoral reforms and breaking the links between
corporate houses, bureaucrats and ruling politicians are
necessary measures to end corruption.
"We feel all right thinking people should come
together and fight against corruption and pass a very
effective Lokpal Bill, which embraces all inclding, Prime
Minister and others.
"That itself is not enough. Electoral reforms and
breaking the connection of corporate houses with bureaucrats
and ruling party politicians are necessary to effectively end
corruption," CPI`s former General Secretary A B Bardhan said.
He was speaking at a meeting organised on the occasion
of death anniversary of late communist leader Chandra
Bardhan said Communist leaders like Rajeswar Rao and
P Sundarayya brought an identity to the Telangana region
through an armed struggle against Nizam.
Speaking on the occasion, CPI General Secretary S
Sudhakar Reddy recalled the contribution of Rajeswar Rao to
the Communist movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra