Eight babies rescued as ICU catches fire
Katni (MP): Eight new-born babies were on Sunday
safely rescued from the district hospital`s children intensive
care unit after a fire broke out here following a technical
snag in the air conditioner, officials said.
The fire broke out after electricity supply resumed
after load-shedding around 2.30 pm, they said adding that
the alert doctors and staff quickly evacuated the eight
new born babies below one week of age from the unit.
The babies have been shifted to another intensive care
unit, officials said.
The intensive care unit in-charge Doctor Sobhit Choudha
said that an inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference