Eight babies rescued as ICU catches fire
Katni (MP): Eight new-born babies were on Sunday
safely rescued from the district hospital`s children intensive
care unit after a fire broke out here following a technical
snag in the air conditioner, officials said.
The fire broke out after electricity supply resumed
after load-shedding around 2.30 pm, they said adding that
the alert doctors and staff quickly evacuated the eight
new born babies below one week of age from the unit.
The babies have been shifted to another intensive care
unit, officials said.
The intensive care unit in-charge Doctor Sobhit Choudha
said that an inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report