Eight babies rescued as ICU catches fire
Katni (MP): Eight new-born babies were on Sunday
safely rescued from the district hospital`s children intensive
care unit after a fire broke out here following a technical
snag in the air conditioner, officials said.
The fire broke out after electricity supply resumed
after load-shedding around 2.30 pm, they said adding that
the alert doctors and staff quickly evacuated the eight
new born babies below one week of age from the unit.
The babies have been shifted to another intensive care
unit, officials said.
The intensive care unit in-charge Doctor Sobhit Choudha
said that an inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory