Eight babies rescued as ICU catches fire
Katni (MP): Eight new-born babies were on Sunday
safely rescued from the district hospital`s children intensive
care unit after a fire broke out here following a technical
snag in the air conditioner, officials said.
The fire broke out after electricity supply resumed
after load-shedding around 2.30 pm, they said adding that
the alert doctors and staff quickly evacuated the eight
new born babies below one week of age from the unit.
The babies have been shifted to another intensive care
unit, officials said.
The intensive care unit in-charge Doctor Sobhit Choudha
said that an inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday