Eight killed, four injured in Andhra Pradesh cyclonic storm
Hyderabad: Eight people were killed and four others injured in rain-related incidents in Andhra Pradesh, due to yesterday`s `Mahasen` cyclone in the Bay of Bengal.
The deaths and injuries occurred due to thunderbolts in Guntur, Visakhapatnam and Vizianagaram of coastal Andhra Pradesh, the AP disaster management commissioner T Radha said in a release issued here today.
Rains and squall damaged horticulture crops like banana, mango and cocoa in 739 hectares and killed 23 livestock.
The cyclonic storm moved northwards and lay centred 700 kms southeast of Chennai this morning and is expected to move further northwards towards the Bangladesh-Myanmar coast.
Rain or thundershowers are expected at a few places in South Andhra Pradesh during the next 24 hours.
Meanwhile, severe heat wave conditions continued across Andhra Pradesh with temperatures hovering well over 40 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof