Eight killed, four injured in Andhra Pradesh cyclonic storm
Hyderabad: Eight people were killed and four others injured in rain-related incidents in Andhra Pradesh, due to yesterday`s `Mahasen` cyclone in the Bay of Bengal.
The deaths and injuries occurred due to thunderbolts in Guntur, Visakhapatnam and Vizianagaram of coastal Andhra Pradesh, the AP disaster management commissioner T Radha said in a release issued here today.
Rains and squall damaged horticulture crops like banana, mango and cocoa in 739 hectares and killed 23 livestock.
The cyclonic storm moved northwards and lay centred 700 kms southeast of Chennai this morning and is expected to move further northwards towards the Bangladesh-Myanmar coast.
Rain or thundershowers are expected at a few places in South Andhra Pradesh during the next 24 hours.
Meanwhile, severe heat wave conditions continued across Andhra Pradesh with temperatures hovering well over 40 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL