Eight killed, four injured in Andhra Pradesh cyclonic storm
Hyderabad: Eight people were killed and four others injured in rain-related incidents in Andhra Pradesh, due to yesterday`s `Mahasen` cyclone in the Bay of Bengal.
The deaths and injuries occurred due to thunderbolts in Guntur, Visakhapatnam and Vizianagaram of coastal Andhra Pradesh, the AP disaster management commissioner T Radha said in a release issued here today.
Rains and squall damaged horticulture crops like banana, mango and cocoa in 739 hectares and killed 23 livestock.
The cyclonic storm moved northwards and lay centred 700 kms southeast of Chennai this morning and is expected to move further northwards towards the Bangladesh-Myanmar coast.
Rain or thundershowers are expected at a few places in South Andhra Pradesh during the next 24 hours.
Meanwhile, severe heat wave conditions continued across Andhra Pradesh with temperatures hovering well over 40 degrees Celsius.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs