Eight killed, four injured in Andhra Pradesh cyclonic storm
Hyderabad: Eight people were killed and four others injured in rain-related incidents in Andhra Pradesh, due to yesterday`s `Mahasen` cyclone in the Bay of Bengal.
The deaths and injuries occurred due to thunderbolts in Guntur, Visakhapatnam and Vizianagaram of coastal Andhra Pradesh, the AP disaster management commissioner T Radha said in a release issued here today.
Rains and squall damaged horticulture crops like banana, mango and cocoa in 739 hectares and killed 23 livestock.
The cyclonic storm moved northwards and lay centred 700 kms southeast of Chennai this morning and is expected to move further northwards towards the Bangladesh-Myanmar coast.
Rain or thundershowers are expected at a few places in South Andhra Pradesh during the next 24 hours.
Meanwhile, severe heat wave conditions continued across Andhra Pradesh with temperatures hovering well over 40 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?