Eight killed in rain-related incidents in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Eight persons were killed in rain-related incidents across Andhra Pradesh in the last few days.
Over 1,100 houses have suffered damage and low-lying areas were inundated due to heavy rains in several parts of the state, official sources said here on Thursday.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy reviewed the situation with Chief Secretary P K Mohanty and other senior officials.
He asked the Chief Secretary to direct the District Collectors to take up immediate steps for rescue and relief measures, particularly in the low-lying areas, and also to form special teams for enumeration of crop, housing and property losses.
The district officials were directed to evacuate people from low-lying areas.
The medical and health and animal husbandry departments have also been alerted to meet the situation, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh