Eight killed in rain-related incidents in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Eight persons were killed in rain-related incidents across Andhra Pradesh in the last few days.
Over 1,100 houses have suffered damage and low-lying areas were inundated due to heavy rains in several parts of the state, official sources said here on Thursday.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy reviewed the situation with Chief Secretary P K Mohanty and other senior officials.
He asked the Chief Secretary to direct the District Collectors to take up immediate steps for rescue and relief measures, particularly in the low-lying areas, and also to form special teams for enumeration of crop, housing and property losses.
The district officials were directed to evacuate people from low-lying areas.
The medical and health and animal husbandry departments have also been alerted to meet the situation, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog