Eight killed in rain-related incidents in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Eight persons were killed in rain-related incidents across Andhra Pradesh in the last few days.
Over 1,100 houses have suffered damage and low-lying areas were inundated due to heavy rains in several parts of the state, official sources said here on Thursday.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy reviewed the situation with Chief Secretary P K Mohanty and other senior officials.
He asked the Chief Secretary to direct the District Collectors to take up immediate steps for rescue and relief measures, particularly in the low-lying areas, and also to form special teams for enumeration of crop, housing and property losses.
The district officials were directed to evacuate people from low-lying areas.
The medical and health and animal husbandry departments have also been alerted to meet the situation, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred