Eight-year-old girl raped by cook on school premises
Karimnagar: An eight-year-old girl was allegedly repeatedly raped by a 53-year-old cook on the premises of a government-run social welfare school in the district, police said on Wednesday.
The accused, Raj Mohammad, allegedly sexually assaulted the student of the Jammikunta-based residential school on Aug. 16 and continued the violations over the next four days, said Circle Inspector Dasari Bhoomaiah.
The girl`s parents learnt of the matter when they took her to a local hospital after she was taken ill. They later filed a complaint against Mohammad after doctors confirmed rape.
The officer said the initial probe revealed that Assistant Social Welfare Officer (ASWO) Mitchell and Hostel Welfare Officer (HWO) Dhanalaxmi were aware of the crime but did not report it to police.
The duo have been booked under Section 201 of IPC (causing disappearance of evidence), while the case against Mohammad has been registered under Section 376(2)(f), Bhoomaiah said.
All three accused are absconding and a hunt is on to trace them, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional