Eight-year-old girl raped by cook on school premises
Karimnagar: An eight-year-old girl was allegedly repeatedly raped by a 53-year-old cook on the premises of a government-run social welfare school in the district, police said on Wednesday.
The accused, Raj Mohammad, allegedly sexually assaulted the student of the Jammikunta-based residential school on Aug. 16 and continued the violations over the next four days, said Circle Inspector Dasari Bhoomaiah.
The girl`s parents learnt of the matter when they took her to a local hospital after she was taken ill. They later filed a complaint against Mohammad after doctors confirmed rape.
The officer said the initial probe revealed that Assistant Social Welfare Officer (ASWO) Mitchell and Hostel Welfare Officer (HWO) Dhanalaxmi were aware of the crime but did not report it to police.
The duo have been booked under Section 201 of IPC (causing disappearance of evidence), while the case against Mohammad has been registered under Section 376(2)(f), Bhoomaiah said.
All three accused are absconding and a hunt is on to trace them, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore