Elaborate security arrangements made for Andhra Pradesh bandh
Visakhapatnam: The district police has made elaborate security arrangements due to the bandh call by the Students Joint Action Committee for Samaikhayandhra (United Andhra Pradesh) Friday demanding that the UPA government and the Congress keep the state united.
The students` JAC has called a one-day bandh tomorrow demanding that central government must not bifurcate the state.
Fourteen universities in thirteen districts in coastal Andhra Pradesh will take part in the shut down and the colleges under these universities would also join the agitation, organisers said.
Meanwhile, city police commissioner B Shivadhar Reddy said in a statement, that strict action would be taken against the those who violate the law.
Violence would not be tolerated and stringent action will be initiated against them and educational institutes shall not be closed down by using force or violence, the statement said, adding that no obstruction should be caused to public or private transportation and other vehicular traffic.
There was every possibility of losing employment opportunities for students who involved in criminal cases, since they would not get passports, the statement said.
Police pickets were set up at vulnerable points and mobile police parties will move all over the district to maintain law and order, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH