Elderly man shot dead in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: An elderly person, who worked as a cobbler, was shot dead by unidentified persons near Ameerpet area here, police said on Sunday.
The body of P Ashok (62), a native of Bidar district in neighbouring Karnataka state, was found near a pavement in a slum locality adjoining the railway track this morning. It was suspected that he was shot dead late last night, they said.
Ashok, living alone for the past three years after separating from his wife, had been living on the pavement and working as a cobbler. His body was found in a pool of blood with bullet wounds, Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) V Satyanarayana told PTI.
"He did not have enmity with anyone. We are investigating into various angles behind the murder and three teams are working in this regard," the DCP said.
SR Nagar police registered a case of murder under IPC and under relevant sections of Arms Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video