Elderly man shot dead in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: An elderly person, who worked as a cobbler, was shot dead by unidentified persons near Ameerpet area here, police said on Sunday.
The body of P Ashok (62), a native of Bidar district in neighbouring Karnataka state, was found near a pavement in a slum locality adjoining the railway track this morning. It was suspected that he was shot dead late last night, they said.
Ashok, living alone for the past three years after separating from his wife, had been living on the pavement and working as a cobbler. His body was found in a pool of blood with bullet wounds, Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) V Satyanarayana told PTI.
"He did not have enmity with anyone. We are investigating into various angles behind the murder and three teams are working in this regard," the DCP said.
SR Nagar police registered a case of murder under IPC and under relevant sections of Arms Act.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion