Elderly man shot dead in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: An elderly person, who worked as a cobbler, was shot dead by unidentified persons near Ameerpet area here, police said on Sunday.
The body of P Ashok (62), a native of Bidar district in neighbouring Karnataka state, was found near a pavement in a slum locality adjoining the railway track this morning. It was suspected that he was shot dead late last night, they said.
Ashok, living alone for the past three years after separating from his wife, had been living on the pavement and working as a cobbler. His body was found in a pool of blood with bullet wounds, Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) V Satyanarayana told PTI.
"He did not have enmity with anyone. We are investigating into various angles behind the murder and three teams are working in this regard," the DCP said.
SR Nagar police registered a case of murder under IPC and under relevant sections of Arms Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Barack Obama designates first US LGBT national monument
- DECODED: How 'Brexit' threatens to undermine U.S.-Britain special relationship
- Rajiv Gandhi's assassination: Yet to take decision on premature release of Nalini, Tamil Nadu tells Madras HC
- Geeta wants to undertake a train journey to search her parents
- Magnitude 5.5 quake hits near Chile's copper mining area, says USGS