Elderly woman murdered for practising `black magic`
Karimnagar: A 65-year-old wife of a retired headmaster on Wednesday was beaten to death at her house in Kandlapalli village in the district allegedly by a man on suspicion that she practised `black magic`, police said.
K. Jamuna (65) was beaten to death with a stick by her distant relative K Chander Rao (40) at her house in Kandlapalli village this morning, said Jagtial Assistant Superintendent of Police Rama Rajeshwari.
According to the officer, Rao suspected that Jamuna practised some witchcraft on a teenager son of his close relative.
Rajeswari said the deceased woman had left the village seven years ago after Panchayat was held on similar allegations of black magic against her. "She returned to the village only a year ago," she added.
A case of murder has been registered against Rao who is absconding and further investigations are on, the officer said.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why