Elderly woman murdered for practising `black magic`
Karimnagar: A 65-year-old wife of a retired headmaster on Wednesday was beaten to death at her house in Kandlapalli village in the district allegedly by a man on suspicion that she practised `black magic`, police said.
K. Jamuna (65) was beaten to death with a stick by her distant relative K Chander Rao (40) at her house in Kandlapalli village this morning, said Jagtial Assistant Superintendent of Police Rama Rajeshwari.
According to the officer, Rao suspected that Jamuna practised some witchcraft on a teenager son of his close relative.
Rajeswari said the deceased woman had left the village seven years ago after Panchayat was held on similar allegations of black magic against her. "She returned to the village only a year ago," she added.
A case of murder has been registered against Rao who is absconding and further investigations are on, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'