Election Commission announces AP Rajya Sabha bypoll on July 3
Hyderabad: The Election Commission announced here on Thursday that the bypoll to the Rajya Sabha from Andhra Pradesh to fill a vacancy caused by the death of N Janardhana Reddy would be held on July 3.
The term of Reddy, who passed away on May 9, was scheduled to end on June 21, 2016.
Chief Electoral Officer of Andhra Pradesh Bhanwar Lal said that after the bifurcation of the undivided Andhra Pradesh, the seat has been allocated to Andhra Pradesh (new) as per a notification issued by the Rajya Sabha Secretariat.
Notification would be issued on June 16 and the last date for filing nominations is June 23.
Scrutiny will be on June 24 and last date for withdrawals is June 26.
Counting would be taken up at 5 PM on July 3, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog