Election Commission announces AP Rajya Sabha bypoll on July 3
Hyderabad: The Election Commission announced here on Thursday that the bypoll to the Rajya Sabha from Andhra Pradesh to fill a vacancy caused by the death of N Janardhana Reddy would be held on July 3.
The term of Reddy, who passed away on May 9, was scheduled to end on June 21, 2016.
Chief Electoral Officer of Andhra Pradesh Bhanwar Lal said that after the bifurcation of the undivided Andhra Pradesh, the seat has been allocated to Andhra Pradesh (new) as per a notification issued by the Rajya Sabha Secretariat.
Notification would be issued on June 16 and the last date for filing nominations is June 23.
Scrutiny will be on June 24 and last date for withdrawals is June 26.
Counting would be taken up at 5 PM on July 3, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump