Election Commission announces AP Rajya Sabha bypoll on July 3
Hyderabad: The Election Commission announced here on Thursday that the bypoll to the Rajya Sabha from Andhra Pradesh to fill a vacancy caused by the death of N Janardhana Reddy would be held on July 3.
The term of Reddy, who passed away on May 9, was scheduled to end on June 21, 2016.
Chief Electoral Officer of Andhra Pradesh Bhanwar Lal said that after the bifurcation of the undivided Andhra Pradesh, the seat has been allocated to Andhra Pradesh (new) as per a notification issued by the Rajya Sabha Secretariat.
Notification would be issued on June 16 and the last date for filing nominations is June 23.
Scrutiny will be on June 24 and last date for withdrawals is June 26.
Counting would be taken up at 5 PM on July 3, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you