Election Commission announces AP Rajya Sabha bypoll on July 3
Hyderabad: The Election Commission announced here on Thursday that the bypoll to the Rajya Sabha from Andhra Pradesh to fill a vacancy caused by the death of N Janardhana Reddy would be held on July 3.
The term of Reddy, who passed away on May 9, was scheduled to end on June 21, 2016.
Chief Electoral Officer of Andhra Pradesh Bhanwar Lal said that after the bifurcation of the undivided Andhra Pradesh, the seat has been allocated to Andhra Pradesh (new) as per a notification issued by the Rajya Sabha Secretariat.
Notification would be issued on June 16 and the last date for filing nominations is June 23.
Scrutiny will be on June 24 and last date for withdrawals is June 26.
Counting would be taken up at 5 PM on July 3, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air