Electoral rolls verification in AP from Thursday
Hyderabad: Door-to-door verification of electoral rolls to rectify duplication of voters and any errors will be undertaken by booth-level officers (BLOs) in Andhra Pradesh from Thursday.
The campaign to be carried out by 66,270 BLOs would go on till June 15 and new eligible voters would be enrolled during the drive, state Chief Electoral Officer Bhanwar Lal said in Hyderabad.
The BLOs would also collect the mobile numbers and e-mail IDs of the electors who have such facilities to feed the information in the Central database.
In case of any mismatch of photograph, a latest passport size colour photo will be taken by them. If any house is found locked during the visits by BLOs, a pre-printed sticker with the contact details of the BLO will be pasted on the door.
The BLO will be available at his/her respective polling station on every Sunday.
As per the latest information, the total number of electors in the state is 5,92,20,444. The number of men is 2,97,54,422 and women is 2,94,63,035, while others is 2,987.
The state, which will go to the polls next year, has achieved 100 per cent record in issue of photo identity cards.
The possible duplicates found are 31,45,091 and errors are 16,80,290.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed