Electoral rolls verification in AP from Thursday
Hyderabad: Door-to-door verification of electoral rolls to rectify duplication of voters and any errors will be undertaken by booth-level officers (BLOs) in Andhra Pradesh from Thursday.
The campaign to be carried out by 66,270 BLOs would go on till June 15 and new eligible voters would be enrolled during the drive, state Chief Electoral Officer Bhanwar Lal said in Hyderabad.
The BLOs would also collect the mobile numbers and e-mail IDs of the electors who have such facilities to feed the information in the Central database.
In case of any mismatch of photograph, a latest passport size colour photo will be taken by them. If any house is found locked during the visits by BLOs, a pre-printed sticker with the contact details of the BLO will be pasted on the door.
The BLO will be available at his/her respective polling station on every Sunday.
As per the latest information, the total number of electors in the state is 5,92,20,444. The number of men is 2,97,54,422 and women is 2,94,63,035, while others is 2,987.
The state, which will go to the polls next year, has achieved 100 per cent record in issue of photo identity cards.
The possible duplicates found are 31,45,091 and errors are 16,80,290.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued