Emaar case: IAS officer appears before CBI court
Hyderabad: Senior IAS officer and Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam`s Executive Officer LV Subrahmanyam, an accused the APIIC-Emaar land deal case on Monday appeared before a special CBI court here even as Tummala Ranga Rao, another accused in the Emaar scam was granted pardon.
The court had on June 15 dismissed Subrahmanyam`s plea seeking to quash the case against him.
Subrahmanyam marked his presence by furnishing bail bonds (personal bonds) of Rs 25,000 before the court, which had earlier while taking cognisance of Subrahmanyam`s role in the scam under the provisions of IPC had summoned him to appear before it on June 18 alongwith suspended IAS officer B P Acharya, the prime accused in the case, who is under judicial remand and lodged in Chanchalguda jail here.
Other accused including Acharya, industrialist Koneru Prasad, Sunil Reddy and Emaar`s top executive G V Vijay Raghav were produced through video conference before the court. Another accused Madhu Koneru also appeared in the court.
In another development, the court accepted the plea of Ranga Rao seeking tender of pardon on condition that he should stick to his statements submitted earlier and that any deviation will result in cancellation of the tender of pardon and in that event he should face trial with other accused.
Ranga Rao, who had been earlier granted anticipatory bail in the case, had sought pardon on the charges levelled against him by CBI under Section 306 of the CrPC, saying that he had extended full cooperation to the investigating agency in its probe and provided full and true disclosure of the information he had.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!