Embarrassing situation for Cong leaders at party meet
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh Pradesh Congress Committee president Botsa Satyanarayana, ministers, MPs, MLAs and MPs faced an embarrassing situation at the Krishna District Congress party workers meeting held at Gannavaram village on Tuesday.
A few senior local Congress leaders expressed their anguish about the ground realities of rural areas where people have been facing hardships with power cuts and shortages of water for drinking and irrigation.
They said that rural areas suffer power cuts for more than 16 hours and face diffuculties in irrigating their lands from borewells.
Using harsh words against both the Congress and the government, they also complained that elected people`s representatives are confined to cities and never listened to their people`s problems.
They said that welfare schemes have not been reaching the common man. They said openly that the Congress party is in a bad shape and unless leaders support them wholeheartedly, it would be difficult to face the people during the next general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion