Embarrassing situation for Cong leaders at party meet
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh Pradesh Congress Committee president Botsa Satyanarayana, ministers, MPs, MLAs and MPs faced an embarrassing situation at the Krishna District Congress party workers meeting held at Gannavaram village on Tuesday.
A few senior local Congress leaders expressed their anguish about the ground realities of rural areas where people have been facing hardships with power cuts and shortages of water for drinking and irrigation.
They said that rural areas suffer power cuts for more than 16 hours and face diffuculties in irrigating their lands from borewells.
Using harsh words against both the Congress and the government, they also complained that elected people`s representatives are confined to cities and never listened to their people`s problems.
They said that welfare schemes have not been reaching the common man. They said openly that the Congress party is in a bad shape and unless leaders support them wholeheartedly, it would be difficult to face the people during the next general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman