Employees, journos, lawyers get their "due" from Telangana govt
Hyderabad: Good news was in store for government employees, journalists and lawyers on Wednesday as Telangana government acknowledged their role in separate statehood movement and rebuilding it going forward.
A special Telangana increment would be extended to all government employees, along with health cards, Governor ESL Narasimhan said in his address to the maiden historic session of both Houses of the State of Telangana, which came into being on June two.
Stating that the government would like to have an employee-friendly governance, he said he is confident that this (increment and healthcard) would motivate employees to be public-friendly to rebuild Telangana.
A welfare fund would be constituted with a corpus of Rs ten crore for journalists whose role in achieving Telangana state was immense, Narasimhan said.
"A welfare fund with a corpus of Rs 100 crore would be set up for welfare of lawyers as they stood like a rock during the movement for the formation of Telangana state."
In the address, which largely reflected the ruling TRS pre-election manifesto, the Governor also said autorickshaws plying in Telangana state would be exempted from tax and accident insurance would be extended to them as well as workers in construction sector.
Physically handicapped would get a monthly pension of Rs 1,500.
"As a special care towards the welfare of poor, the meek and the weak, we will introduce a monthly pension of Rs 1000 to the aged," Narasimhan said as he listed the government`s priorities and programmes.
"Even destitute women would get a monthly pension of Rs 1,000. Beedi workers facing financial distress would be paid an allowance of Rs 1000 per month."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'