Engineering student jumps to death from college building in AP
Machilipatnam: An engineering student from the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) on Friday allegedly committed suicide from his college building in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
Naveen Kumar (20), who was pursuing his B. Tech. at the premier institute, leaped to death from the second floor of the building this morning. He was apparently upset and depressed over his ill-health since a year, they said.
The final year student succumbed at the Vijayawada Government General Hospital while undergoing treatment.
He hailed from Uppalavarigudem village of Lingampalem Mandal in West Godavari district, police said.
Nuzvid Town police has registered a case and further investigations are being carried out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore