Engineering student jumps to death from college building in AP
Machilipatnam: An engineering student from the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) on Friday allegedly committed suicide from his college building in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
Naveen Kumar (20), who was pursuing his B. Tech. at the premier institute, leaped to death from the second floor of the building this morning. He was apparently upset and depressed over his ill-health since a year, they said.
The final year student succumbed at the Vijayawada Government General Hospital while undergoing treatment.
He hailed from Uppalavarigudem village of Lingampalem Mandal in West Godavari district, police said.
Nuzvid Town police has registered a case and further investigations are being carried out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured