Engineering student jumps to death from college building in AP
Machilipatnam: An engineering student from the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) on Friday allegedly committed suicide from his college building in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
Naveen Kumar (20), who was pursuing his B. Tech. at the premier institute, leaped to death from the second floor of the building this morning. He was apparently upset and depressed over his ill-health since a year, they said.
The final year student succumbed at the Vijayawada Government General Hospital while undergoing treatment.
He hailed from Uppalavarigudem village of Lingampalem Mandal in West Godavari district, police said.
Nuzvid Town police has registered a case and further investigations are being carried out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Stop trafficking with a click! New TraffickCam app targets sex workers
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia