Engineering student jumps to death from college building in AP
Machilipatnam: An engineering student from the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) on Friday allegedly committed suicide from his college building in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
Naveen Kumar (20), who was pursuing his B. Tech. at the premier institute, leaped to death from the second floor of the building this morning. He was apparently upset and depressed over his ill-health since a year, they said.
The final year student succumbed at the Vijayawada Government General Hospital while undergoing treatment.
He hailed from Uppalavarigudem village of Lingampalem Mandal in West Godavari district, police said.
Nuzvid Town police has registered a case and further investigations are being carried out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Salman Khan-Katrina Kaif be back together?
- A time of goodness, justice and peace is now going to begin in Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan
- US, Vietnam agree to allow Peace Corps into Vietnam for first time
- NEET: President Pranab Mukherjee signs Centre's Ordinance on uniform medical entrance examination
- Good news! Soon, you can shop online and pay through Bitcoins