Enough evidence against Satyam scam accused: CBI
Hyderabad: The CBI, probing the multi-crore
accounting scam in Satyam Computers, today informed a local
court that there was enough evidence against the 10 accused in
the case and the court can frame charges against them.
CBI`s special public prosecutor K Surendra, replying to
the points raised by the accused, who sought discharge from
the fraud case, alleged that prime accused and former Chairman
of Satyam Computers B Ramalinga Raju, along with nine others
had hatched a criminal conspiracy to cheat investors of over
Rs 14,000 crore.
Explaining the CBI`s allegations against the accused, who
have been charged with criminal conspiracy, cheating, forgery
and falsification of accounts in the agency`s three
chargesheets, before the XXI Additional Chief Metropolitan
Magistrate (ACCM) court, Surendra said that the accused
fabricated records and documents in order to cheat investors.
All the accused have countered CBI`s allegations claiming
that the charges were "groundless". They had yesterday
completed their arguments prior to framing of charges.
The CBI counsel also submitted before the court a list of
specific documents indicating the role played by all the
accused in the scam.
"The accused fabricated records and documents and now the
charges can be framed against them by the court," Surendra
Magistrate BVLN Chakravarti posted the matter to
September 13 for further hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof