Enough evidence against Satyam scam accused: CBI
Hyderabad: The CBI, probing the multi-crore
accounting scam in Satyam Computers, today informed a local
court that there was enough evidence against the 10 accused in
the case and the court can frame charges against them.
CBI`s special public prosecutor K Surendra, replying to
the points raised by the accused, who sought discharge from
the fraud case, alleged that prime accused and former Chairman
of Satyam Computers B Ramalinga Raju, along with nine others
had hatched a criminal conspiracy to cheat investors of over
Rs 14,000 crore.
Explaining the CBI`s allegations against the accused, who
have been charged with criminal conspiracy, cheating, forgery
and falsification of accounts in the agency`s three
chargesheets, before the XXI Additional Chief Metropolitan
Magistrate (ACCM) court, Surendra said that the accused
fabricated records and documents in order to cheat investors.
All the accused have countered CBI`s allegations claiming
that the charges were "groundless". They had yesterday
completed their arguments prior to framing of charges.
The CBI counsel also submitted before the court a list of
specific documents indicating the role played by all the
accused in the scam.
"The accused fabricated records and documents and now the
charges can be framed against them by the court," Surendra
Magistrate BVLN Chakravarti posted the matter to
September 13 for further hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside