Ensure smooth functioning of assembly: CPI(M)
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh secretary of the CPI (Marxist) BV Raghavulu on Sunday appealed to the state government to ensure that the budget session of the Assembly, beginning tomorrow, passes off smoothly.
"Opposition parties, particularly the Telugu Desam Party (TDP), should not fall into the trap of the ruling congress which has no interest in discussing glaring issues,"
he told reporters on the sidelines of a district plenary of CPI(M).
Announcing his party`s support for April 28 India bandh called by all major trade unions, he said the CPI(M) would launch a statewide agitation if the state government increases power tariff.
He said the state government should not grant permission for bauxite mining in the agency areas of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics