Ensure timely information to tribals: RTI Commissioner
Rajahmundry: RTI commissioner Lam Thanthia Kumari on Thursday directed various officials in Rampachodavaram agency area of East Godavari District to provide timely information to the tribals and assist those illiterate in writing applications for information.
Reviewing the progress of the RTI Act in the agency mandals of the district at ITDA Rampachodavaram, she asked the officials of various departments to educate the public on using the Act for their development.
The Act would help in controlling corruption in the developmental works and proper implementation would help in the public participation in developmental works.
Any deviation in the implementation of the Act would lead to issue of showcause notice and imposition of fine up to Rs 25,000, she said.
The commissioner reviewed the progress of the Act in departments like revenue, police, panchayat raj, roads and buildings, housing and rural water supply.
Rampachodavaram Sub-Collector G Chandrudu, Deputy SP Chaitanya Kumar and heads of various departments were present during the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test
- Turkey forms state of emergency coordination committee
- BIZARRE: On this flight, passengers go nude at 30,000 feet altitude – Watch viral video
- PITIABLE PLIGHT OF INDIAN ATHLETES: Training with worn-out shoes, Rio-bound sprinter Dutee Chand pleads for new pair