Ensure timely information to tribals: RTI Commissioner
Rajahmundry: RTI commissioner Lam Thanthia Kumari on Thursday directed various officials in Rampachodavaram agency area of East Godavari District to provide timely information to the tribals and assist those illiterate in writing applications for information.
Reviewing the progress of the RTI Act in the agency mandals of the district at ITDA Rampachodavaram, she asked the officials of various departments to educate the public on using the Act for their development.
The Act would help in controlling corruption in the developmental works and proper implementation would help in the public participation in developmental works.
Any deviation in the implementation of the Act would lead to issue of showcause notice and imposition of fine up to Rs 25,000, she said.
The commissioner reviewed the progress of the Act in departments like revenue, police, panchayat raj, roads and buildings, housing and rural water supply.
Rampachodavaram Sub-Collector G Chandrudu, Deputy SP Chaitanya Kumar and heads of various departments were present during the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire