Ensure timely information to tribals: RTI Commissioner
Rajahmundry: RTI commissioner Lam Thanthia Kumari on Thursday directed various officials in Rampachodavaram agency area of East Godavari District to provide timely information to the tribals and assist those illiterate in writing applications for information.
Reviewing the progress of the RTI Act in the agency mandals of the district at ITDA Rampachodavaram, she asked the officials of various departments to educate the public on using the Act for their development.
The Act would help in controlling corruption in the developmental works and proper implementation would help in the public participation in developmental works.
Any deviation in the implementation of the Act would lead to issue of showcause notice and imposition of fine up to Rs 25,000, she said.
The commissioner reviewed the progress of the Act in departments like revenue, police, panchayat raj, roads and buildings, housing and rural water supply.
Rampachodavaram Sub-Collector G Chandrudu, Deputy SP Chaitanya Kumar and heads of various departments were present during the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics