Ensure timely information to tribals: RTI Commissioner
Rajahmundry: RTI commissioner Lam Thanthia Kumari on Thursday directed various officials in Rampachodavaram agency area of East Godavari District to provide timely information to the tribals and assist those illiterate in writing applications for information.
Reviewing the progress of the RTI Act in the agency mandals of the district at ITDA Rampachodavaram, she asked the officials of various departments to educate the public on using the Act for their development.
The Act would help in controlling corruption in the developmental works and proper implementation would help in the public participation in developmental works.
Any deviation in the implementation of the Act would lead to issue of showcause notice and imposition of fine up to Rs 25,000, she said.
The commissioner reviewed the progress of the Act in departments like revenue, police, panchayat raj, roads and buildings, housing and rural water supply.
Rampachodavaram Sub-Collector G Chandrudu, Deputy SP Chaitanya Kumar and heads of various departments were present during the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike