`Every effort made to strengthen Rao`s security`
Hyderabad: Every effort has been made to
strengthen the security of Andhra Pradesh Textiles Minister P
Shankar Rao, as recommended by a committee, state DGP V Dinesh
Reddy said on Saturday.
The DGP`s statement came following Rao`s allegations that
the state government was not providing enough security for him
despite a threat to his life.
Responding to the concerns expressed by the minister in
the wake of threat calls to him, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar
Reddy had ordered to strengthen security arrangements for Rao,
the state police chief said in a release.
A committee, consisting of IGP Intelligence (Security)
and other senior officials, was constituted and assigned the
task of reviewing and recommending adequate security
arrangement to the minister, he said.
Based on the committee`s recommendations, exclusive
security in the form of PSOs, escort, guards, picket totalling
32 personnel, has been provided to Rao since July 24, he said.
"Every effort has been made to strengthen the security of
the minister from all angles from time to time depending upon
the threat perception. Additional security arrangements were
also being made whenever the minister visited the districts,"
Reddy pointed out.
Rao yesterday said he wrote a letter to Congress
President Sonia Gandhi alleging that though he had repeatedly
requested the chief minister to provide enough security, no
action was taken in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state