EX-AP minister escapes unhurt in road mishap
Visakhapatnam: Former Andhra Pradesh Tribal Welfare Minister, P. Balaraju and four others escaped with minor injuries when their car hit a roadside tree near Mulagapudi village in the district today, police said.
Balaraju, along with the district Congress Committee president Satish Varma and three others, was returning to Narsipatnam from Jangareddy Gudem in wee hours when the mishap occurred, Special Branch PRO Kiran Kumar said.
Prima facie it seems that the driver dozed off and lost control of the vehicle resulting in the accident, he said.
All the inured were taken to a hospital in Narsipatnam area and were discharged after administering them first aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch
- From Sept 1, rail passengers to get Rs 10 lakh insurace cover for premium of just Re 1
- Yahoo-Verizon deal: I plan to stay on with the company, says CEO Marissa Mayer
- Harsimrat's charge of my misbehaviour with her 'wild': Ramesh