EX-AP minister escapes unhurt in road mishap
Visakhapatnam: Former Andhra Pradesh Tribal Welfare Minister, P. Balaraju and four others escaped with minor injuries when their car hit a roadside tree near Mulagapudi village in the district today, police said.
Balaraju, along with the district Congress Committee president Satish Varma and three others, was returning to Narsipatnam from Jangareddy Gudem in wee hours when the mishap occurred, Special Branch PRO Kiran Kumar said.
Prima facie it seems that the driver dozed off and lost control of the vehicle resulting in the accident, he said.
All the inured were taken to a hospital in Narsipatnam area and were discharged after administering them first aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport