Ex-K`taka minister Janardhana Reddy`s bail cancelled
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh High Court Wednesday dismissed the bail granted by a lower court to former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy in an illegal mining case.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had challenged the bail granted to him by the CBI court here May 11 in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) case. However, he was not released as he was lodged in Bangalore jail in another illegal mining case in Karnataka.
The high court said the accused may again approach the CBI court for bail.
The cancellation of bail is significant as it was allegedly granted by a CBI judge for a huge bribe.
High court chief justice Madan B. Lokur on May 31 suspended First Additional CBI judge T. Pattabhirama Rao after a preliminary probe by the CBI revealed that he granted bail for a bribe of Rs.5 crore.
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB), which has now taken up the investigations into the bail scam, has booked Pattabhirama Rao and seven others including two Karnataka legislators. The ACB also arrested rowdy-sheeter Yadgiri.
Those booked by the ACB include Pattabhirama Rao`s son Ravi Chandra, retired judge Chalapathi Rao, Janardhana Reddy`s brother Somasekhara Reddy and Suresh Babu, both legislators from Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj