Ex-TDP Minister held in assault case; granted bail
Guntur: Former Telugu Desam Minister and education baron Alapati Rajendra Prasad was arrested in an assault case here and later granted bail, police said on Monday.
Prasad, booked under IPC Sections 323 (voluntary causing hurt), 448 (house trespass) and 506 (criminal intimidation), was arrested last night by the Pattabhipuram Police and released on bail within two hours.
The case was fallout of a financial dispute between Prasad, Chairman of the NRI Group of institutes, and K Raghava Rao, a former Government officer and businessman, police said.
Sometime back, Rao had filed a cheque bounce case against Prasad in a local Court. This had angered the TDP leader. Adding fuel to the fire, Rao filed an RTI application seeking some information about NRI institutes, they said.
Prasad, accompanied by two associates, stormed into the house of Rao in Shyamal Nagar here and allegedly trashed the latter yesterday, police said, quoting a compliant.
The former Andhra Pradesh Minister denied beating Rao and claimed he had gone to his house to settle financial matters.
The NRI Group runs two engineering colleges, a medical college and a host of high schools in the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared