Examining letters by 2 MPs over absence in Parliament: Naidu
Hyderabad: TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu on Sunday said he is examining the letters submitted to him by two of the three Rajya Sabha MPs who expressed regrets over their absence during the recent voting in Parliament on FDI issue.
"We have been opposing FDI. Voting took place in Parliament. The MPs could not go. I was upset about it and asked them to meet me. I am doing this `padayatra` for people. When this thing happened at such a time, I asked them to come immediately. One MP informed me in advance.
"I spoke to the other two. They gave a letter. They said they made a mistake. They expressed regrets and sought apology. They apologised to people and party activists also. I am examining those letters.
Telugu Desam does not spare if they received any inducements. But, if they are not at fault, it is not fair to punish them. I am examining the matter," he said.
Naidu was addressing a gathering in Adilabad district as part of his ongoing state-wide `padayatra`.
In an embarrassment to the TDP, three MPs -- T Devender Goud, G Sudha Rani and Y S Chowdary -- remained absent during the voting on FDI in Rajya Sabha.
Their absence attracted criticism from other opposition parties like YSR Congress, which alleged that the three MPs remained absent as per a tacit understanding between Congress and TDP.
Some senior TDP leaders also strongly condemned the absence of the TDP MPs during the crucial voting.
TDP Rajya Sabha member Y S Chowdary has sent his resignation to the party chief after being upset over the criticism made against him.
He sought acceptance of his resignation by Naidu to enable to work for party ahead of the general elections in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi