Examining letters by 2 MPs over absence in Parliament: Naidu
Hyderabad: TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu on Sunday said he is examining the letters submitted to him by two of the three Rajya Sabha MPs who expressed regrets over their absence during the recent voting in Parliament on FDI issue.
"We have been opposing FDI. Voting took place in Parliament. The MPs could not go. I was upset about it and asked them to meet me. I am doing this `padayatra` for people. When this thing happened at such a time, I asked them to come immediately. One MP informed me in advance.
"I spoke to the other two. They gave a letter. They said they made a mistake. They expressed regrets and sought apology. They apologised to people and party activists also. I am examining those letters.
Telugu Desam does not spare if they received any inducements. But, if they are not at fault, it is not fair to punish them. I am examining the matter," he said.
Naidu was addressing a gathering in Adilabad district as part of his ongoing state-wide `padayatra`.
In an embarrassment to the TDP, three MPs -- T Devender Goud, G Sudha Rani and Y S Chowdary -- remained absent during the voting on FDI in Rajya Sabha.
Their absence attracted criticism from other opposition parties like YSR Congress, which alleged that the three MPs remained absent as per a tacit understanding between Congress and TDP.
Some senior TDP leaders also strongly condemned the absence of the TDP MPs during the crucial voting.
TDP Rajya Sabha member Y S Chowdary has sent his resignation to the party chief after being upset over the criticism made against him.
He sought acceptance of his resignation by Naidu to enable to work for party ahead of the general elections in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone