Examining letters by 2 MPs over absence in Parliament: Naidu
Hyderabad: TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu on Sunday said he is examining the letters submitted to him by two of the three Rajya Sabha MPs who expressed regrets over their absence during the recent voting in Parliament on FDI issue.
"We have been opposing FDI. Voting took place in Parliament. The MPs could not go. I was upset about it and asked them to meet me. I am doing this `padayatra` for people. When this thing happened at such a time, I asked them to come immediately. One MP informed me in advance.
"I spoke to the other two. They gave a letter. They said they made a mistake. They expressed regrets and sought apology. They apologised to people and party activists also. I am examining those letters.
Telugu Desam does not spare if they received any inducements. But, if they are not at fault, it is not fair to punish them. I am examining the matter," he said.
Naidu was addressing a gathering in Adilabad district as part of his ongoing state-wide `padayatra`.
In an embarrassment to the TDP, three MPs -- T Devender Goud, G Sudha Rani and Y S Chowdary -- remained absent during the voting on FDI in Rajya Sabha.
Their absence attracted criticism from other opposition parties like YSR Congress, which alleged that the three MPs remained absent as per a tacit understanding between Congress and TDP.
Some senior TDP leaders also strongly condemned the absence of the TDP MPs during the crucial voting.
TDP Rajya Sabha member Y S Chowdary has sent his resignation to the party chief after being upset over the criticism made against him.
He sought acceptance of his resignation by Naidu to enable to work for party ahead of the general elections in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly