Excise inspector, constable held for taking bribe
Hyderabad: An excise inspector and a constable were arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) for allegedly taking bribe in Chittoor district.
The duo will be produced in the court of ACB later in the day in Nellore district, ACB sources said.
The ACB officials last night caught red-handed excise constable P V Ramana at Madanapalli in Chittoor district when he was accepting bribe amount of Rs two lakh from the complainant, he said.
Ramana allegedly took the bribe on behalf of excise inspector K Pratap Reddy at complainant G V Chalapathi Naidu`s residence for recommending renewal of the license of his bar and restaurant, the ACB officer said.
The duo was attached with Prohibition and Excise station at Madanapalli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview