Excise inspector, constable held for taking bribe
Hyderabad: An excise inspector and a constable were arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) for allegedly taking bribe in Chittoor district.
The duo will be produced in the court of ACB later in the day in Nellore district, ACB sources said.
The ACB officials last night caught red-handed excise constable P V Ramana at Madanapalli in Chittoor district when he was accepting bribe amount of Rs two lakh from the complainant, he said.
Ramana allegedly took the bribe on behalf of excise inspector K Pratap Reddy at complainant G V Chalapathi Naidu`s residence for recommending renewal of the license of his bar and restaurant, the ACB officer said.
The duo was attached with Prohibition and Excise station at Madanapalli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday