Fake currency: AP police to have strict checks at airports
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police today decided to have more stringent checks at airports by the Customs and Airport Security to curb the flow of fake currency in the state.
Last year fake currency of more than Rs 75 lakh were seized from different parts of the state.
A decision in this regard was taken today at a meeting of state level committee for detection/ seizures of counterfeit notes/ Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN), attended by senior officials of RBI, NIA and IB.
Officials from the Counter Intelligence Cell and Hyderabad police also attended the said meeting chaired by CID Additional DGP T Krishna Prasad.
Strategies were worked out to counter trends of circulation of fake currency notes in high prone areas like Hyderabad, Nalgonda, West Godavari, East Godavari, Visakhapatnam city and Guntur.
It was revealed that most of the fake currency was manufactured in one place and distributed to various places through different persons.
It was also noticed that some of the high quality notes were pumped into India from across the border, mainly through Malda district of West Bengal by air, sea and train routes, and measures to curb such activities were discussed.
As compared to other denominations, incidence of counterfeiting was found higher in cases of notes of Rs 500 denomination.
In 2012, fake currency with face value of Rs 75,22,000 was seized mainly from Hyderabad, West Godavari, Visakhapatnam, Adilabad and Vijayawada by police.
The meeting also discussed to sensitise people on the menace of fake currency circulation and to bring more awareness campaigns with the help of RBI.
The committee also discussed various issues requiring coordination among agencies relating to lodging of FIRs, investigation in cases, important points emanating from discussions during the district level committee meetings, according to an official release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe