Fake currency: AP police to have strict checks at airports
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police today decided to have more stringent checks at airports by the Customs and Airport Security to curb the flow of fake currency in the state.
Last year fake currency of more than Rs 75 lakh were seized from different parts of the state.
A decision in this regard was taken today at a meeting of state level committee for detection/ seizures of counterfeit notes/ Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN), attended by senior officials of RBI, NIA and IB.
Officials from the Counter Intelligence Cell and Hyderabad police also attended the said meeting chaired by CID Additional DGP T Krishna Prasad.
Strategies were worked out to counter trends of circulation of fake currency notes in high prone areas like Hyderabad, Nalgonda, West Godavari, East Godavari, Visakhapatnam city and Guntur.
It was revealed that most of the fake currency was manufactured in one place and distributed to various places through different persons.
It was also noticed that some of the high quality notes were pumped into India from across the border, mainly through Malda district of West Bengal by air, sea and train routes, and measures to curb such activities were discussed.
As compared to other denominations, incidence of counterfeiting was found higher in cases of notes of Rs 500 denomination.
In 2012, fake currency with face value of Rs 75,22,000 was seized mainly from Hyderabad, West Godavari, Visakhapatnam, Adilabad and Vijayawada by police.
The meeting also discussed to sensitise people on the menace of fake currency circulation and to bring more awareness campaigns with the help of RBI.
The committee also discussed various issues requiring coordination among agencies relating to lodging of FIRs, investigation in cases, important points emanating from discussions during the district level committee meetings, according to an official release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31