Fake Naxalite held for extorting money from doctors
Hyderabad: A "notorious" pseudo-naxalite
who had been extorting money from doctors in Hyderabad city
has been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Mallampally Raju, after selecting reputed doctors
approached them claiming himself as a close associate of
People`s War Group (PWG) and used to demand money by
threatening the doctors to kill their family members if they
failed to meet his demand, they said.
On a complaint, sleuths of Commissioners Task Force
(North Zone) team apprehended Raju from Humayunnagar here
while he was on his way for extortion, a police officer said.
As per information, Raju had threatened many doctors
in the city and extorted huge amounts for the past several
years and investigations were underway to detect the same, the
police officer said. Further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars