Fake passport case: 4 witnesses examined against Salem
Hyderabad: The special CBI court trying
underworld don Abu Salem in a fake passport case today
recorded the statements of four witnesses.
The witnesses included an Investigation Officer of the
nine-year-old case. With this, the court has so far recorded
the statements of 35 witnesses and four more are to be
The trial against the gangster, extradited from
Portugal in 2005, for obtaining a passport on fictitious name
in 2001 from Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh began on June
18 last year after CBI filed a case against Salem and others.
Actress Monica Bedi, a co-accused and Salem`s former
companion, had been released on bail by the Supreme Court two
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Sangeeta Bijlani not miffed with 'Azhar', says Emraan Hashmi
- No sugar shortage: 31 million MT sugar to be available during 2016-17
- Vegan? Here's how you can get all key nutrients!
- India performing well as compared to other nations: UN expert
- Up close and personal – Get to know Sonam Kapoor better: Here's how