Fake passport case: 4 witnesses examined against Salem
Hyderabad: The special CBI court trying
underworld don Abu Salem in a fake passport case today
recorded the statements of four witnesses.
The witnesses included an Investigation Officer of the
nine-year-old case. With this, the court has so far recorded
the statements of 35 witnesses and four more are to be
The trial against the gangster, extradited from
Portugal in 2005, for obtaining a passport on fictitious name
in 2001 from Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh began on June
18 last year after CBI filed a case against Salem and others.
Actress Monica Bedi, a co-accused and Salem`s former
companion, had been released on bail by the Supreme Court two
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read